Thursday, March 19, 2009

What the heck?

It's very difficult for me to say ~No~ or to that ~No thank you; not interested~ and close the door to people asking for something. I got a knock on my door early this afternoon and it was a young guy. Boy, he was talking so fast that I could barely keep up with him. Ok. I'm all up to helping people when I can and when I have extra money. These type of people talk to fast and (thank goodness I knew about them before) they just want to suck you in and earn those "points" they want for supposedly take a trip somewhere in the world (this guy wanted a trip to Spain). No thank you!! These people knock on your door, start talking about what they are doing, the points they get, suck you in to sign for some magazines for 2 or 3 years... and the magazines are even MORE expensive than when you buy the subscription in those little papers the magazines have inside. I mean, they don't even ask ~are you interested?~. Noooo!!! They just ask for your name and write it on their little paper paystub and tell you they just need a hard surface so they can write more comfortably. At that point, I told him I was broke and I only had $5+ in my wallet (which is true). He then asked if I had a checkbook... no I don't!! Credit Card... no I don't!! So, he said thank you and left. Phew!! Wish I knew who he was before opening the door and start listening to what he had to say... which by the way, it was getting close to the time I needed to leave to go pick up Joel from school. I only opened the door because he looked like the maintenance guy around here. And, he was really nice but all vendors are nice.

Talking about vendors, a guy named Felipe was supposed to call me yesterday in the morning about the car but he never did. I blanked out when he called on Monday morning and I totally forgot to give him my husband's work number. But, like my husband says "if it's mean to be it will be". So, no worries.

St. Patrick's Day came and went. I made the kids green cupcakes which they loved!! And to top it off, they asked for green milk too LOL. That day, when I went to pick up Joel from school, it was so cute to see a lot of green in the kids... even silly hats, socks, and green jewelry. Everybody was in the St. Patrick's spirit. What's the next fun holiday coming?... Easter!!!

No comments: