Monday, July 30, 2007

Fun weekend!

This weekend was a fun one. On Friday, I took Joel to see The Simpsons Movie. Since my hubby took two days off from work (Thursday & Friday), I asked my hubby if he could stay home with Seth while I took Joel to the movies to see The Simpsons Movie. My wonderful hubby said "yes!" So, Joel and I went to the 12:05 pm showing. We had a great time. It was yrs since I last went to the movies... I paid $15 for the both of us (and to think it was a discount LOL). Then, Joel wanted some popcorn, soda, candy, etc... so I bought him what he wanted. And, that day, I didn't had no breakfast so I was starving when I got to the movies and I HAD to get something to eat for myself. But in all, it was worth it. It's sad that I don't do this often... go to the movies 'cause it's fun!!

After the movies, we walked through the mall. We went into the Game Shop store to see what kind of video games they had. They have awesome ones but I didn't bought any; I was short in money. But, I really wanted to buy Tomb Raider Anniversary for myself ($30) but I was a good girl and I was able to control myself LOL. Joel wanted me to buy him Jak 2. I also was interested in getting that Spongebob game and the Cars game for the Playstation... yet, I did control myself. Joel rode the Merry Go Round ($2) and I just loved how happy he was. I truly love to see those smiling faces in my kids' faces. Priceless!! After our little walk through the mall, I stopped by the Starbucks to get myself one last taste of it's famous Fraps... I bought a Strawberries & Cream Frap; it was yumy!!

Then yesterday, I took the kids to the playground; to the one that's not where we live. I wanted to take the kids out and to finish my picture taking for the scavenger hunt. We all had a great time at the park/playground. The community was having some sort of art fair 'cause there were a lot of little art booths and this big air slide for the kids. We arrived just a little before that art fair was over. I love this picture of Seth... soo happy and enjoying coming down from the slide :). Love it!!

And, today... I began my journey to lose 23 lbs. I will see how long it takes me to lose 23 lbs. So far so good; I might say. I'm about to prepare my lunch which is ground turkey with carrots & squash, rice, and a cup of peas. I already had my breakfast (a strawberry smoothie) and my mid afternoon snack (two scrambled egg whites with veggies and 1/2 cup of cooked oatmeal). I'm doing wonderful on my water intake. I'm supposed to drink 12 cups of water (8 oz each) a day and I already drank 6 cups of water. I thought this was going to be hard for me 'cause I'm not that used to drinking that amount of water a day... but I'm doing good. Hopefully, I do good this time.

I also stepped on the scale this morning to see where I was. I weight 173 lbs!! Boy, that's a lot!! I haven't taken my measurements because I couldn't find the measuring tape (I need to find it 'tho). I also haven't taken a picture of myself in my current weight... which is something I need to do also so that I can keep track of the changes in my body and how I look... to compare each picture. Lots to do.

No comments: