Monday, October 13, 2008

Videos and Fires

Well, I finally was able to upload my videos from our trip to the Fire Station. Pretty neat!! I love how those police dogs do their 'job'. This German Shepherd dog's name is Alto... he is 5 years old and he came from Denmark. Alto receives commands in Danish from his officer/handler. It's pretty cool to see this type of action up close.
This next one is even better. Alto was inside the police car while this demonstration was taking place. Then all of a sudden, Alto came out running from the police car to 'attack' the 'suspect' and help the officer. This was very cool seeing this dog in action doing that; too bad I didn't captured that moment when he came out from the car.
In another news, yep... it's fire season here so right now, we have two fires going on. One fire is the Juliet Fire and the other one is the Shockey Fire. The Shockey Fire is just East from us and that one is 50% contained. The Juliet Fire is only 20% contained and it's just north west from us. I must say that brush fires/wildfires are so scary and heart pounding. Hopefully, the percents of getting contained keep increasing quickly today.

No comments: